Due to the current health crisis, we are not accepting clothing donations at this time. For the time being, we will only be accepting items for our Blessings Closet. To schedule a time to drop off your Blessings Closet donations, please call 410-857-5944 and leave a message with your name and phone number, and someone will return your call to arrange a time. We appreciate your support and understanding.
What items can I donate?
– Daily Hospitality — Coffee, tea, sugar, creamer, lemonade mix, paper products for the Shepherd’s Staff office reception area
– Emergency Meals & Snacks — Canned soups, pasta, crackers, peanut butter and jelly
– Community Thanksgiving Day Dinner — Baked goods, fresh fruit, & wrapped candy
– Seasonal Backyard Picnics Fundraisers (Empty Bowls, Festival of Trees, etc.)
– Clothing for men, women, and children for “The Shepherd’s Shed”
– Baby clothing — gently used
– Blankets — for cold weather
– Towels & soap — for bath facility at The Shepherd’s Staff
– Soap & bleach — for laundry facility at The Shepherd’s Staff
Blessing Closet Program
The Blessings Closet provides free assistance with non-food essentials for household, hygiene, and personal care.
Blessings Closet Items:
– Diapers (all sizes)
– Dish Soap
– Disposable Gloves*
– Disinfecting Wipes and/or Spray*
– Hand Sanitizer*
– Laundry Detergent
– Paper Towels
– Toilet Paper
– Trash Bags
– Ziploc Bags (all sizes)
*Current High Need
– 3-ring binders & paper
– Pencils, pens, & crayons
– Scissors & rulers
– New or gently used clothing for ages 4-18
– New shoes for ages 4-18
– A contribution of $10 for the Back-To-School campaign will help to buy new shoes and backpacks
Click here for a full list of donations needed →
Call for Coats
– Outerwear for infants through adults
Collection begins each fall at Admirals Cleaners in Westminster. Distribution of coats takes place at The Shepherd’s Staff.
Call for Coats drop-off locations →
Spiritual Easter Baskets
– Assembled baskets for infants up through early teens are needed to reflect the spirituality of the Easter season
– Assembled stockings for infants up through early teens are needed to reflect the spirituality of the Christmas season
Annual Yard Sale
– Donate items to be sold at our annual Yard Sale fundraiser, which takes place the Saturday before Memorial Day.
Where can I drop off donations?
Donations can be dropped off at our office at 30 Carroll Street, Westminster, MD 21157.
Our normal office hours are:
Mondays – 10am-2pm
Tuesdays – 10am-2pm
Wednesdays – Closed
Thursdays – 3pm-7pm
Fridays – 10am-2pm
Note, our hours may change during holidays. Please call our office at 410-857-5944 if you have any questions.