**ATTN: EFFECTIVE Monday, March 9th:
Due to an abundance of caution and concern for our volunteers, guests, donors and staff, we ask that you do not drop off donations until the storm damage has been fully cleaned up and repaired. For the time being we will only be accepting items for our Blessings Closet, Easter Baskets, Bingo and Empty Bowls. These items should be brought inside using the front entrance. No items are to be left outside at the shed. We appreciate your support and understanding. Any questions call 410-857-5944 and ask to speak with a Staff Member.
What items can I donate?
– Daily Hospitality — Coffee, tea, sugar, creamer, lemonade mix, paper products for the Shepherd’s Staff office reception area
– Emergency Meals & Snacks — Canned soups, pasta, crackers, peanut butter and jelly
– Community Thanksgiving Day Dinner — Baked goods, fresh fruit, & wrapped candy
– Seasonal Backyard Picnics — Desserts & beverages
– Clothing for men, women, and children for “The Shepherd’s Shed”
– Baby clothing — gently used
– Blankets — for cold weather
– Towels & soap — for bath facility at The Shepherd’s Staff
– Soap & bleach — for laundry facility at The Shepherd’s Staff
Blessing Closet Program
The Blessings Closet provides free assistance with non-food essentials for household, hygiene, and personal care.
Blessings Closet Items:
– Diapers (all sizes)
– Depends / Adults Diapers
– Toilet Paper
– Paper Towels
– Laundry Detergent
– Dish Soap
– All Purpose Cleaner
– Trash Bags
– 3-ring binders & paper
– Pencils, pens, & crayons
– Scissors & rulers
– New or gently used clothing for ages 4-18
– New shoes for ages 4-18
– A contribution of $10 for the Back-To-School campaign will help to buy new shoes and backpacks
Click here for a full list of donations needed →
Call for Coats
– Outerwear for infants through adults
Collection begins each fall at Admirals Cleaners in Westminster. Distribution of coats takes place at The Shepherd’s Staff.
Call for Coats drop-off locations →
Spiritual Easter Baskets
– Assembled baskets for infants up through early teens are needed to reflect the spirituality of the Easter season
– Assembled stockings for infants up through early teens are needed to reflect the spirituality of the Christmas season
Annual Yard Sale
– Donate items to be sold at our annual Yard Sale fundraiser, which takes place the Saturday before Memorial Day.
Where can I drop off donations?
Donations can be dropped off at our office at 30 Carroll Street, Westminster, MD 21157.
Our normal office hours are:
Mondays – 10am-2pm
Tuesdays – 10am-2pm
Wednesdays – Closed
Thursdays – 3pm-7pm
Fridays – 10am-2pm
Note, our hours may change during holidays. Please call our office at 410-857-5944 if you have any questions.